I gasped writing that title. Q4? Are you kidding me? Where does the time go? Really, where does it go? Around July I looked at where I was on my 2018 goals I’ve done quite a bit without realising it. But still have some items I need to accelerate. It’s so crazy that it’s just 3 months till the end of the year. Let’s take stock!
Making: an effort to work out 4-5 times a week and eat clean
Cooking: lots of pulses (well, not me but our cook). Beans, lentils, chickpeas etc.
Drinking: ACV with my green tea and water.
Since my last post I’ve finished reading:
- The Bang Bang Club– Greg Marinovich and Joao Silva
- Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of NIKE – Phil Knight
- Outliers: The Story of Success- Malcolm Gladwell
- Half of a Yellow Sun– Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- My True Type– A. J. Drenth
- The State of Africa– Martin Meredith
- Africa’s Tarnished Name– Chinua Achebe
- The Secret Lives of Baba Segi’s Wives– Lola Shoneyin
- The Problem that Has No Name– Betty Friedan
Wanting: more hours in the day and more days in the week
Playing: Sauti Sol.
Wasting: my scented candle.
Wishing: I could control time
Enjoying: The semblance of settlement Lagos has given me the past few weeks
Liking: that our client enjoyed the week of workshops that nearly killed me. Great to see that your efforts were valued.
Wondering: where and when I will settle. I’ve been in transit all my career and whilst it is thrilling, it will need to stop at some point. I wonder when.
Loving: my house plants! 🙂
Hoping: to sort out all my immigration woes. I need to apply for visas to 4 countries in the next 3 months
Marveling: at how no matter how hard I work out my thighs/ hips will not get smaller.
Needing: Nigeria to get its s*** together and fix its power supply. Also needing to visit a new country soon but air travel in West Africa is an actual joke.
Smelling: a mix of a vanilla scent and a blue berry scent from two different candles
Wearing: nothing because Lagos heat
Following the following on Instagram:
- @PaulNicklen– NatGeo photographer whose work focuses on marine life
- @TheNerveAfrica– media company telling African stories
- @FitnessBlender– Fitness site whose at-home workout videos I have been using for years. At my leanest in 2014, I was using their workouts religiously (and running) and eating squeaky clean. I did not step once into a gym and lost a ton of body fat.
Noticing: my skin is starting to act up again
Knowing: better than to stress over things I can’t control
Thinking: about what I want to do in the next 18-24 months
Feeling: Saudade- “a deep emotional state of nostalgic or profound melancholic longing for an absent something or someone that one loves. Moreover, it often carries a repressed knowledge that the object of longing might never return”
Bookmarking: Lots of IT blogs and reports. I’m on yet another IT project and learning a lot very fast. I love that my job allows me to creatively solve nerdy problems.
Opening: a bottle of water to drink
Giggling: @iamzoie on instagram. He is hilarious!
PS: Was thinking hard that I miss blogging/ vlogging and my goal for next year is to get back into it regularly. I know I could do it this year, but as it were I have some goals from this year that I’m still lagging on. So 2019 will be a new slate.
Lots and love and light.