The hater in me sometimes think that vegans pretend to be having fun with their food while they really aren’t. Let me tell you, that thought is very wrong. Vegans have just as much fun with their food as people who consume animal products and meat do. Vegans are the most innovative people out there. They take traditional meat and dairy dishes and put a vegan spin on them while preserving the aesthetic and flavour value. Take this vegan chocolate mousse for example…
I saw a recipe online a while back and wanted to try it out. Unfortunately, I lost the recipe, and had to use my scanty recollection and personal creativity to come up with my own recipe. It’s nice and easy, makes for a great dessert, and is one extra way to use your excess ripe avocados. Here goes.
What you will need
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
What you will do
- In a blender or food processor, blend the avocado on high speed for about 45 seconds till totally creamy.
- Slowly add the cocoa powder while blending, tasting as you go along. This recipe makes it extra rich.
- Lastly, add the honey and vanilla essence and blend for another 30-45 seconds.
- Serve in dishes and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Garnish with fruit, coconut shavings, almond flakes, white chocolate etc…
Serves 2 large portions or 4 moderate portions.
Let me know if you want more recipes. I’m always messing around in the kitchen.
5 thoughts on “Vegan Chocolate Mousse”
Behold the magic of avocado! will definitely try it out. 🙂
Kindly check out my travel blog: bowandblissful.wordpress.com
Avo really is magical! Thanks for reading. I will certainly check you out. Xx
Vegan food aint my cup of tea, but I will definitely try this mouse out. -Just because am a foodie and a food blogger.
This sounds wild but I will try it!!💃🏾
It’s good! Try it. 🙂 You won’t tell you’re having avocado. It’s so nice and airy…