My housemate recently introduced me to this simple but delicious delight. Fried coated mushrooms. LIFE!
They make for a perfect hors d’oeuvres or easy snack, and taste like chicken nuggets. Promise.
- 250g sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of wheat flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- salt, herbs and spices of choice to taste
- Mix salt, herbs and spices with flour and taste (yes, taste) to see if well seasoned
- Microwave the mushrooms for about 3-5 minutes to dehydrate them
- Dip mushrooms in egg and then dip in flour till properly coated
- Shallow fry them in olive oil in a pan under medium to high heat till brown
- Garnish and serve!