I like to cook. I do. I cook slowly. I like my onions in perfect cubes or rings. I want my chicken perfectly marinated, and to prep everything before I begin to cook. So I usually need a lot of time to cook. Something that I don’t really have. But when I do, I go all out. Okay, so all those preceding sentences were unnecessary. I tend to ramble. Hardly ever do I follow recipes, but throw in anything and everything I find in the kitchen. I made some oriental chicken the other day, I quite enjoyed it. Try it if you will.
<<Yo! I used the pronoun ‘I’ so may times. sheesh.>>
YOU WILL NEED:
2 teaspoons of spanish paprika (though not an oriental ingredient, lol)
1 table spoon of garam masala
1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
1 teaspoon of tumeric
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground chillies
1 green bell pepper cut in thin strips
1 yellow bell pepper cut in thin strips
1 red onion cut in thin half rings
1 head of pounded (not ground) garlic
1/2 boned chicken (skinned and cut)
1 tablespoon of pure sunflower oil
2 tablespoons of lemon juice concentrate
PREPARATION (10 minutes)
Making the marinade:
1. Mix the sunflower oil, lemon juice and all the ground spices in a container.
2. Add the whole ingredients and mix well.
3. Throw in the chicken pieces mixing well and making sure all are covered in the marinade.
4. Close the container and keep in the refrigerator overnight to marinate. (2 hours is enough if in a rush)
COOKING (30-40 minutes)
(Preheat oven- 160°C)
1. Put the marinated chicken with all its marinade in a baking tray (glass or metal)
2. Ensure chicken is covered nicely by all the spices
3. Bake for 30-40 minutes checking in between to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Whispery Wind’s Oriental Chicken is served. Oozes with flavour. 🙂
*Craig David’s ”What’s your flava” plays in the background*
Serving suggestion: serve with baked potato slices
I’m feeling much better today than I was one blog post ago. 🙂